Thursday 6 January 2011

Multi Grain Bread Machine recipe - My best so far

Hiiii

Happy new year!!!
If you have a bread machine you know that sometimes the bread doesnt get fluffy as the one you buy in the supermarket right? At least mine doesnt. And then, gets a little bit crumbly...and Ben, my beloved hubby, complains.

I think I finally found the secret of making a perfect bread in the bread machine...kneading a little bit while the machine is doing its job. Sounds weird?
Well, its not even close to the work of really kneading a bread from scratch. I just opened the machine and used my fingers to break in the air a little bit (I think that's what happens when you need). To be honest I didn't even got my nails dirty.

Anyway: here is what I did (For a large Loaf, almost 2lb - 850 g)
1 1/8 cups warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon margerine
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast


Method: Put everything in the machine but the seeds. add them in the final kneading cycle. But before that, when the dough is already formed...use your fingers and knead it a little bit.

Here is the result:

Oh, have I mentioned I have an alarm clock in the kitchen? I love cook listening to music, and I use the clock itself to control my times. heheheheheh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails