Saturday 6 November 2010

Low fat and Delicious - Eggplant, Tomato and Parsley Salad

That one comes from my new favourite magazine: Women’s weekly. By the way, I am very tempted to subscribe to the magazine and guarantee myself with the next 12 editions. I love magazines.

This recipe comes from the website of the magazine and I found the other day I was looking for a eggplant recipe. I’ve been buying eggplants lately but sometimes I am not sure what to do with it…run out of ideas.

So Eggplant, Tomato and parsley Salad:
You will need (For 4 people)
cooking-oil spray
2 large eggplants (1kg), cut into 1cm slices
2 large tomatoes (440g), chopped finely
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
mint yogurt dressing
½ cup (140g) low-fat natural yogurt
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon mint sauce or you can use pesto alternatively
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
Method:
Spray heated barbecue grill plate with cooking-oil spray for 2 seconds. Cook eggplant, about 2 minutes each side, until tender.

Meanwhile, make mint yogurt dressing. (Combine ingredients in small bowl.)

Divide eggplant, tomato and parsley among serving plates; drizzle with dressing.
Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails