Tuesday 2 November 2010

Tomato, Boccoccini and Olive Salad

My gorgeous hubby bought me a new cooking book: MY table from Pete Evans.
Well, he actually didn't buy it, he got in a promotion with some wines we bought a while a go? Well , what matters is that he thought about me, and I received the book via mail and I am happy.

Here is one of the recipes, with a little bit of a tweak :)

Tomato, Boccoccini and Olive Salad
You will need (For 4 people)
4 tomatos, cut in wedge
2 large or 8 mini boccoccini cheese
16 basil leaves
3 tbsp olive oil  (virgin or extra virgin)
1 tbsp of vinegar (You should always keep the balance 3 x oil for 1x acidity)
20 olives (black or kalamata or other similar)


Method:
Put all ingredients in a plate (but the dressing). Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the salad and season with salt and pepper.

Serve

That's a must try for the upcoming summer. will we have summer at any stage? I am quite scared about wearing boots and jackets almost in november but...hopefully that will get better soon.

Love,

Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails