Sunday 26 September 2010

My First Successful Bread Machine Recipe

We bought a Bread Machine.
Exciting exciting.
We bought it at ALDI supermarkets. It was very cheap, only $49 and figured we would give it a try.
Also I am becoming, or at least, trying to become more healthy, not eating meat (just fish for now), bla bla bla


Anyways, the LUMINA bread maker instructions are pathetic. There is no other words for it. And unfortunately when I called in to after sales support, after waiting more than 20 minutes in line, the lady was very nice but useless.  She tried, but she reafirmed that there is no more information of the one that comes with the machine.

Anyway, I've tried a couple of recipes that came in the booklet and its ridiculous. So I decided to try something different and the result was brilliant.

so I called this post my first successful bread machine recipe cause I'm planning to try more soon

Light Oat Bread

Ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cup of water - i use warm water that was boiled in a kettle
2tbsp margerine
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of whole meal flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 spoon active yeast

Method:

I Put liquid first, then 1/2 of yeast
waited 5 minutes, add the dry ingredients and last, the other half of the yeast
Choose basic bread.

You should follow the instructions from your manufacturer, although mine says to put yeast in the end and I didn't. but that's me! :)

Enjoy!

Love,

Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails