What is better than waking up for a healthy and delicious breakfast?
The other day, I explained here the difference between Muesli and Granola, and how easy it was to make it yourself.
So here it goes, an easy Bircher Muesli Recipe that is even better if made in advance (also because it takes a few hours to prepare it anyway)
- ingredients for 4 portions:
- 2 cups rolled oats (regular, not quick cooking)
- 1 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 granny smith apple medium or small, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 small limes, juiced
- 3/4 cup thick, plain yoghurt (Find one without gelatine, to keep it vegetarian / kosher)
- 3/4 cup mixed fresh berries (we used blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey