Tuesday 19 October 2010

A light Calorie Hummus recipe without Tahini

I don't know if I mentioned that before, but I've been researching a lot about Low Fat, Low calories, Low GI Recipes...translation: I need to let some kilos go (OUCH!!!)


I found this cute BLOG with a lot of recipes including the nutritional value and they are all very low numbers, if you know what I mean.


Other fact is that my husband loves Hummus. So here we go:


Hummus recipe that doesn't require Tahini - 77 calories per portion.

You will need (for 12 portions)
420g can chick peas beans
1 garlic clove, cut in half
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice



Method:
 - Drain the chick peas beans and reserve the liquid.
 - Place the reserved bean liquid, garlic and sesame seeds in the food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until mixed.
 - Add the chick peas, salt and lemon juice. Cover and process on high speed until smooth.
 - add some paprika and olive oil if you wish (If you add olive oil, you will have more calories)
 - Serve as a spread with crackers, wedges of pita bread or raw vegetables.

and here is the PLUS: Nutritional value per 1 serve

Calories: 77
Total fat: 3.4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 203 mg
Total carbs: 9.7 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 2.8 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails