- Have you noticed I love mushrooms?
Well, they are easy to cook, tasty and low in calories! :)
anyway, here is a nice nice recipe. Mushroom and creamy polenta.Source: Taste.com.au
You will need (for 4)
- 400g flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and mushrooms. Return mushrooms to pan. Add vinegar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Gradually pour in polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk polenta for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir for 1 minute. Stir in parmesan. Divide polenta between bowls. Top with mushrooms and parsley. Season with pepper. Serve.